Some of my favorite YA books I haven’t mentioned in awhile. Dusting off my excitement megaphone *doesn’t dust anything off because it’s never left my hand*
10 Books I Love But Haven’t Talked About In A While
1. Pivot Point– by Kasie West. ALL THE STARS to this two-book series. It is original and romantic and willed with science fiction goodness.
2. Burning Sky– by Sherry Thomas. I haven’t read the third and final book in the series, but it stayed strong in book two and impressed me with its twists and continually compelling magic.
3. The Girl of Fire and Thorns– by Rae Carson. THIS SERIES. It will rip your heart out then give you a new one to grow. So lovely.
4. For Darkness Shows the Stars– by Diana Peterfreund. This is a retelling of Jane Austen’s Persuasion but set in the future. Talk about gorgeous writing. I adored this book!
5. Unspoken– by Sarah Rees Brennan. This book has one of my favorite main characters ever – Kami. Smart and hilarious.
6. Breathe, Annie, Breathe– by Miranda Kenneally. This book started my venture into the Hundred Oak series, which is a rabbit hole I never want to find my way out of. Delicious contemporary served right up!
7. Wonder– by R.J. Palacio. So many tears. So much emotion. This book will change you for the better.
8. Austenland– by Shannon Hale. I actually read the book after seeing the movie, which was not a bad way to experience either. Both the book and movie are a delight.
9. The Revenge Playbook– by Rachael Allen. This contemporary should get way more attention! There’s girl power and camaraderie and so much humor.
10. Ruby Red– by Kerstin Geir. There is time travel and crazy families and a book series planned out as thoughtfully as Harry Potter. YES, I WENT THERE.
What are some books you love but haven’t talked about in awhile?