Happy New Year – and with this new year, I have new reading challenges and blogging goals planned! Sadly, I didn’t make my 2011 reading challenge goal, despite being only ONE FLIPPIN BOOK away.
I blame it on 1. laziness (I stayed in my pajamas all day) 2. hanging out with friends (who DOES that? 😉 ) and 3. a fun New Year’s Eve party where I stayed up past my bedtime (yes, sadly, I do have one). Oh well. Here’s to DOMINATING my reading list this year.
2012 Reading Challenges
Goodreads Challenge: 60 books
Ok, I can do this!! I was so close this year, and with some determination, I know I can read 60 books. It doesn’t sound like a lot, but for me, this reading challenge number is setting the bar fairly high.
Sophomore Novel Reading Challenge
(Hosted by Chick Loves Lit)
There are so many amazing sequels coming out this year! I’m actually getting pumped just writing this because I dying DYING to find out what’s happening.
Here’s a short, incomplete list:
- Insurgent by Veronica Roth
- The Girl in the Clockwork Collar by Kady Cross
- Fever by Lauren DeStefano
- Dreamless by Josephine Angelini
- Black Heart by Holly Black
- Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore
- Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter
Debut Authors Challenge
(Hosted by The Story Siren)
Last year, I read a ton of novels by debut authors, and I’m so glad I did. I was introduced to tons of amazing books. I thought repeating this process would be great and would help us all look out for great new writers.
Some authors and books already on my “watch list:”
- The Gathering Storm by Robin Bridges
- Fractured Light by Rachel McClellan
- Gilt by Kathering Longshore
- The Other Life by Suzanne Winnaker
- My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century by Rachel Harris
- Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood
As for blogging goals, my aim is simple: to continue to write honest reviews and other quality content. I definitely plan to grow my blog in bigger and better ways and hope to share more of how I plan to do that later this year.
Here’s to a well-read 2012!! Let the reading challenges begin…