Do you remember me talking about Amazon’s list of Essential Books for Young Adults? Yeah, I forgot too. It is a new feature on Amazon that offers teens and parents a list of YA books that they thought teens would enjoy.
Amazon compiled the list, but wanted suggestions from reader’s for a “Customer Selected Essentials for Young Adults” list.
Well, reader’s voted and the winners are:
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton
- To Kill a Mockingbird: 50th Anniversary Edition by Harper Lee
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
- Looking for Alaska by John Green
- I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore
- Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
- Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
- Sabriel by Garth Nix
I’m impressed. You Amazon customers who voted picked some AWESOME books. I’m wasn’t surprised at all to see The Hunger Games on the list, but I was at Graceling. I love this book and am so happy to see that many others do too.
Plus, Divergent made it! I never had any doubts it would. 😉 Also, Sabriel is a classic, and it definitely should be read by all high schoolers fo sho.
Random fact: I haven’t read Jellicoe Road, but I somehow managed to read Marchetta’s first novel, Looking for Alibrandi. I thought her name sounded familiar!
What books are you happy to see on the list and what ones do you think should have made it?