It’s been about a week since I installed the new Disqus commenting system. I’m super on the fence about it- I’m not sure how easy it is to use.
Seeing as how commenting affects you guys the most, I wanted to ask you what you thought!
First, here are some my overall thoughts.
The things I like about Disqus:
- Links to your facebook, twitter or google account
- Offers threaded comments (this is SUPER important to me!!)
- Seems fairly easy to use..or so I thought
Problems I’ve found:
- Commenters aren’t linking back to their blogs
- Does not seem as easy to use as I initially thought
- Forced to log in within WordPress’ back-end system every time I want to reply to a comment (This is probably a lame point, but it’s annoying!!)
For all my lovely and wonderful followers and commenters- what do you think about the new comment system?
One of the biggest things I’ve noticed is that people aren’t linking back to their blogs. Under Guest, you can enter your name and email in the available fields. To link back to your blog, you have to click the “Optional: link to website link” for the website field to appear.
Is this too annoying/inconvenient/confusing? I’d hate for anyone to stop by Read.Breathe.Relax and not get the chance to link back to their blog.
My goal is to make reading and commenting on this blog as easy and fun as possible. Please share your opinions about leaving comments here or anything else about the blog!
I want Read.Breathe.Relax. to be the best book blog it can be!! Cheesy but true! (Cue Rick Astley’s “Never Gonna Give You Up.” Click here to see this amazing video. hahahahaha)