With the popularity of shows like Pretty Little Liars, I would think there would be more TV series made from books. The only ones I can think from YA and fantasy books are:
- Gossip Girl
- Vampire Diaries
- Game of Thrones (Fantasy series)
- Plus, Pretty Little Liars
Can you think of any others? Sadly, I haven’t read any of the books that inspired the TV shows.
If I had MY pick, though, I would make the these books into TV series based on their awesome story lines (that would have to be built on over time), mass appeal and well-developed characters:
- Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging– There are like 10 books in this series, so material for this TV show would not be lacking. Plus, people would seriously die laughing at Georgia’s antics. There was a 2008 movie based on the book recently. It can be found here.
- The House of Night series– I think this would have mass appeal and could totally run on Fox Family.
- The Mortal Instruments series– If these books (which I haven’t finished, GAH!) were made into a TV series, people would not be able to contain themselves. I know there’s a movie coming out in the future, but I would want to tune in to watch the drama unfold weekly!
- Mercy Thompson series– There’s so much material here, and I think producers could take the story line to the next step too. Vampires and wolves and the fae!! (Oh my!)
What books would you die to watch every week on TV??