I just got out of seeing the Breaking Dawn movie premiere!! I don’t know how coherent I’m going to be at 3 a.m., but here goes nothing.
You know that I didn’t have too many expectations, so here are my thoughts about the movie:
Breaking Dawn Movie Review:
- If you are the LEAST bit squeamish, LEAVE the theater for the birthing scene. It’s so, so, so nasty and very graphic (we’re talking visually and audibly) AND very long! We’re talking 10-15 minutes- no joke! One of my friends almost passed out…it was that bad. Plus, Bella looks like a skeleton towards the end. It can be really hard to watch.
- If you are a teenager and you’re seeing this movie with the parents- WARNING: the entire honeymoon scenes could be pretty awkward. They don’t leave a lot to the imagination, if you know what I mean…
The rest of the movie-
- Charlie is the best-cast character of the WHOLE movie. I loved every scene he was in.
- The newest wolf, Seth, is freaking adorable and I hope he’s in Breaking Dawn: Part 2 a bunch!
- The “imprinting” part was. just. RIDICULOUS! In a hilariously amazing way. Oh, Jacob!!
- Billy Black is with a strange woman the whole time. I completely forget who she is, but it’s so random they never really mention what’s up with her..
One thing I will mention is the lack of a serious plot. Breaking Dawn revolves a few major events that have little to no action (and I don’t mean pushing out a vampire baby…). The main things that happened were 1. Bella and Edward’s wedding (very, very long) 2. Edward and Bella’s honeymoon (way too long) and 3. Bella’s pregnancy (looking like a skeleton, hunching over in pain and being ripped open by her offspring).
Oh, there was also wolf pack drama, but it was sort of silly. When pack communicates in their werewolf form, it’s just sort of funny. Or so my sleep-deprived mind thought at the time…
Breaking Dawn was so random at times- I honestly don’t think I’ve formed an full option yet…but that may be because my brain is firing on all cylinders right now. I’m definitely interesting in seeing the second part!
Oh…did I mention that the showed The Hunger Games trailer in the theater?!?! Pretty amazing!
Other Breaking Dawn/Twilight posts of possible interest:
- Discussion Post: Breaking Dawn Movie + Discussion
- A Novel Accessory: Breaking Dawn & Twilight Themed Jewelry
- Breaking Dawn (Twilight Saga) Halloween Costumes
What did you think of Breaking Dawn??