I’m always looking for new, fun things to do for date nights with the hubs, and although he’s not as big of a book lover as me, I think these date ideas for book nerds can be adapted for any nerdy couple.
Cute Date Ideas For Book Nerds
- Host a dinner with food and decor themed after your favorite book
- Go to a library and choose 5 books. Choose a random page number and read the 5th lines from each page.
- Pick a book to read together. Read sections aloud together or talk about it together after you’ve both finished it.
- Browse your favorite bookstore and grab coffee. Pick a book cover that reminds you your date.
- Explore historic libraries and Instagram the photos.
- Find local book signing or author meet-and-greet events to attend.
- Make a trip to Harry Potter Land (i.e. Universal Islands of Adventure) <--Clearly biased Florida girl here ;)
- See the latest book turned into a movie and recast the main characters afterward.
- Research where famous writers from your area lived and visit their homes/museums.
- Do a Pinterest-inspired book DIY project.
- Have a quiet night in by the fire or in your favorite armchair and just read together.
- Go to a bookstore and leave notes in your favorite books to future readers.
- Dress up and talk as your favorite book character and play 20 questions with your date (if it isn’t obvious who you are).
- Recreate famous dates from book scenes (Ex: The Notebook boat scene maybe minus the rain, Jane Austen’s Emma picnic out minus the chaperones)
What date ideas for book nerds have you personally done or recommend?