Do you ever feel like there’s a book that MUST exist that you just haven’t found yet? There are a TON of books I feel that way about (which is scary because Toni Morrison is famous for saying: “If there’s a book that you want to read, but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it.”)!!
What do you think there should be more books about?
I personally think there should be books about:
- Pirates with magic. Or just people with magic on the sea. Especially if it’s Bloody Jack style – a secret girl on board.
- Unlikely retellings. Like Robin Hood (especially if Robin were a girl. Man, I really like female leads) or Moby Dick or Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea (steampunk style).
- YA with dragons. I’m not too picky on this. Although if the dragons could talk or talk in people’s minds that would be cool too.
- Historical fiction with fantasy. I cannot get enough of this right now. Born of Illusion really hit the spot, so I’m looking for more historical (real time) stories that either have alternate histories or just incorporate magic somehow. Deepest Night and Star Cursed were similar too.
- Lesser-mentioned supernatural powers. So books with people who can do things that aren’t talked about all the time. Like move through time and space Jumper style. Or lie detectors or alchemists.
- Totally new worlds. Or maybe just more world-building. I think a lot of YA defaults on modern times or just changing a few things from present day to be different. I want the epic fantasy style of world-building.
- Computer-hacking skills. There’s something about super smart kids that I love reading about. The inner (and very present) nerd in me wants to see geeks inherit the earth. Also, I’ve just gone through Freaks and Geeks on Netflix in a week. But seriously, more stories about kids with super smarts taking over the world.
I just got SO EXCITED thinking about all of these books…yet sad. Because they haven’t been written yet. #nerdlife #bookwormproblems