Follow My Book Blog Friday is a weekly meme intended to connect the book blogging community. To join the blogging fun or find other blogs who participated in the meme, check out Parajunkee!
Today’s FF Question: Name 3 authors that you would love to sit down and spend an hour or a meal with just talking about either their books or get advice on writing from?
A: This really is a super tough question, so here are my best answers:
1An epic writer: C.S. Lewis (Chronicles of Narnia, Mere Christianity). C.S. Lewis has said some of the most profound statements that I’ve ever read. I’d love to sit down with ole Clive Staples (yes, that’s his real name!) and ask him about his faith, his writing and his deep understanding of the written word.
One of my fave C.S. Lewis quotes: “Humans are amphibians- half spirit and half animal. As spirits they belong to the eternal world, but as animals they inhabit time.”
2A newbie: Veronica Roth (Divergent). I follow her blog (http://veronicarothbooks.blogspot.com/), which often includes advice, but I’d love to talk with her about the recent explosion of her debut novel and how that’s affected her. Plus, I’d love to hear her perspective on the publishing industry and what her first experience with that was like.
3A possible bestie: Sarah Dessen (The Truth About Forever). Sarah Dessen just seems so down to earth and friendly. I’d love to just grab dinner with her and chat about books, family and life in general. If you don’t follow her on Twitter you really should- she’s super funny and shares a lot about her life, which I find really interesting. You can find her here: http://twitter.com/#!/sarahdessen.
This week at Read.Breathe.Relax, I:
- Reviewed my favorite parts of the HP7 Part 2 movie (spoiler free!)
- Took a poll for which book I needed to give away next. P.S. The voting’s over :/
- Reviewed Starcrossed by Joshephine Angelini
- Listed the Top Ten books I think should be required reading for teens
- Asked “How do you manage your TBR list?” There will be a follow up post soon!
And, most importantly:
- The giveaway for Spellbound and The Girl in the Steel Corset opened Thursday! 2 winners + 2 days left to enter! Enter here!!! 😀
What authors would you love to have a heart-to-heart with?