As some of you may have noticed, the last flippin’ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie is being released on Friday, July 15!!! Ahhh!! This is it, guys. The HP saga is coming to a close.
In honor of this major turning point in history for this series, I will be hosting a couple featured Harry Potter posts this week along with my other regular posts.
I’m curious to see how many other Harry Potter nerds are out there! I feel like there’s a bunch of you.
As for me, I plan mourning celebrating the last movie by:
- Participating in a movie marathon
- Brewing some homemade Butterbeer. Check out the recipe here!!
- Skimming the 7th book so I can be refreshed on all the major action parts
- Going to a midnight showing of HP7 P2 (Why yes, I will regret this Friday morning!)
- Dressing up for the movie a little with a Gryffindor scarf! Low key, I know.
- Crying my eyes out at the end of the movie
- Spending the next day in a sleep-deprived daze
- Going back on Friday for HP7 P2 round 2. Will I fall asleep during the movie? Yes, probably. But it will be the best sleep of my life 😀
The parts of the movie I’m most excited to see are:
- Gringotts: Harry, Ron and Hermione in the safe with the Horcrux (HP Clue, anyone?)
- Gringotts: Dragon scene (heck YES!!!)
- Mrs. Weasley shrieking at Bellatrix Lestrange to BACK UP off Ginny. And calling Bellatrix the B word, too. It’s the single best use of a swear word ever!!
- Battle Royale at Hogwarts
- Harry + Dumbledore reunited
- Older Harry, Hermione and Ron + their kids
So how are you celebrating the last HP movie and what movie scenes are you most anxious to see?
This week you’ll see posts about: Harry Potter-themed jewelry & accessories, HP7 P2 Movie Review and a “What’s Next after Harry Potter?” post.