If you love Jane Austen, then you’ll be happy to know that today is the 200th Anniversary of Pride and Prejudice.
I have gone on and on and ON about Pride and Prejudice, and how it’s one of my all-time favorite books, romances and movies. It’s a triple threat to the max.
In honor of the sheer epicness of this anniversary, let’s talk about Pride and Prejudice and our fave things about this time-honored classic.
To start things off: Tell me which is your favorite Pride and Prejudice movie adaptation?!
The Many Articles about the 200th Anniversary
There are some pretty interesting articles out there about the anniversary. If you’re in a reading mood, check them out:
- Pride and Prejudice at 200: looking afresh at Austen’s classic
- PRIDE AND PREJUDICE Swag for the 200th Anniversary
- Pride and Prejudice: Jane Austen fans celebrate novel’s 200th anniversary
- Pride and Prejudice: a love story centuries old, but eternally fresh
Pride and Prejudice Book Spin-Offs, Adaptations and Continuations
- Austenland by Shannon Hale
- Bridget Jones’s Diary by Helen Fielding
- Mr. Darcy Takes a Wife: Pride and Prejudice Continues by Linda Berdoll
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith
- Mr Darcy’s Diary by Amanda Grange
- Prom and Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg
- Mr. Darcy’s Daughters by Elizabeth Ashton
- Fitzwilliam Darcy, Rock Star by Heather Lynn Rigaud
- Lost in Austen: Create Your Own Jane Austen Adventure by Emma Campbell W
- Jane Bites Back (Jane Fairfax #1) by Michael Thomas Ford
This doesn’t cover them all by far…
Pride and Prejudice in Social Media
Oh, and you know…it’s produced by JOHN GREEN and this BROTHER!
Pride and Prejudice Memes
Best Pride and Prejudice Quotes
In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.
I could easily forgive his pride, if he had not mortified mine.
I am the happiest creature in the world. Perhaps other people have said so before, but not one with such justice. I am happier even than Jane; she only smiles, I laugh.
Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.
Have a little compassion on my nerves. You tear them to pieces.
I think we all know that the Jane Austen love fest will NEVER DIE. Happy 200th Anniversary to one of my favorite stories of all time, Pride and Prejudice!!