Sometimes its love at first sight. Other times, it takes some time to get to know your book.
Today let’s talk about when you know a book is totally your jam.
Let’s Discuss: When Do You Know a Book is “The One?”
There’s a lot of ways to ask this question, but I think I’ll take the most direct route: When you’re reading, how or when do you know if a book is amazing? Better than so many other books? Totally perfect for you?
This is a tough question because it deals with a lot of feelings (like we’d talk about anything else here) and thoughts.
For me, I can tell when a book is really special when one or more of the following happen:
- I literally feel heart flutterings from the book romance
- I’ve gasped out loud in surprise
- I am physically unable to put a book down because I’m that interested in what’s going on
- I’ve fallen in love with a character so well-written I could cry they’re not real
- I’m marveling at the genius of a story or world that’s so completely unique
And all of that is of course followed up by me blasting social media and my friend’s phones and anyone who will listen.
When you love a book is it immediately, or does it take you more time to decide?
I can usually tell if I’m going to love a book in the first few chapters. That means I’m a love-at-first-sighter book-wise.
This is not fool-proof, though. I’ve been SO into books before that totally fall flat halfway through, and I’m like, “wait, what happened? things were going so well??” But mostly, love at first chapter is still pretty accurate for me.
How and when do you know when a book is perfect for you?