I posted awhile about the poll going on over at Tor.com for the best science fiction and fantasy movies of the decade. Well, the results are in, and the top 10 movies of the decade are:
- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
- The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
- The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
- Pan’s Labyrinth
- The Dark Knight
- Spirited Away
- District 9
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
I have SO MANY thoughts about this list, but I will limit it to the following:
- There are 12 books…not 10; the editors listed their reasons, but I forgot. Whoops.
- Couldn’t they have combined the THREE Lord of the Rings books into one entry? Yes, they’re awesome, but they’re hogging the list!!
- Inception was robbed! ROBBED I tell you.
- Wall-E?? Seriously? I mean, yes it was a great movie, but we’re talking about the best science fiction/fantasy movies of the past 10 flippin years…
That’s about all I can vouch for because sadly, I have not seen District 9, Moon, Pan’s Labyrinth (never will either) or Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Oh, or Serenity or Spirited Away. I guess I’m kind of a lackluster SFF movie fan. :/
What do you think about the list? What movies should have made the list instead?