High fantasy may sound intimidating, but all it is is super rich, well-crafted fantasy novels. And, I have a few of my faves listed below.
Post prompt brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish.
Ten Books For Readers Who Like High Fantasy
1. Graceling-by Kristin Cashore. Graceling should be on every list ever. It’s just extremely well-crafted and so ingenious!
2. Red Queen-by Victoria Aveyard. I was super impressed by the world created in these pages. Color class wars and power struggles are my jam.
3. Shadow and Bone-by Leigh Bardugo. The Grisha Trilogy is just untouchable. The characters, the setting, the magic – it’s all incredible. I may need to re-read these soon…
4. Throne of Glass-by Sarah J. Maas. Another series that is full of political intrigue and romance. The best thing is we still have 3 more books to enjoy!
5. The Winner’s Curse-by Marie Rutkoski. It’s just a rave session today. The Winner’s Curse and Crime are outstanding in their detail and thoughout-ed-ness. As I said before – they are the definition for delicious torture.
6. The Girl of Fire and Thorns-by Rae Carson. I was slow to warm up to this series, but it is beautiful and so moving. I love the unexpected that comes at you in these books.
7. The Burning Sky-by Sherry Thomas. Gah, the last book is coming!! I’m a sucker for a girl dressing up like a boy. Who knew?
8. Stolen Songbird-by Danielle L. Jensen. I wish more people have heard of and of this book! It’s so well-written and a whole lot of fun.
9. Sabriel– by Garth Nix. This is going waaaay back! Sabriel is a fantasy classic. With Clariel recently published, this series is fresh and new again!
10. Seraphina– by Rachel Hartman. Ya’ll, do you love dragons? Do you love sassy, grumpy heroines (a la Alina from Shadow and Bone)? The, this book is FOR YOU.
What YA high fantasy books have you read?