Although today is the ultimate day to give thanks, I’m constantly reminded of all the reasons I have to be grateful for the incredible blessings in my life – especially the bookish ones!
Top 10 Bookish Things I’m Thankful For
1. Wonder– For opening my eyes and heart to a story that desperately needed to be told.
2. Illuminae– I was so on the fence about this book, and then it did this incredible thing: surprised me with its awesomeness.
3. First & Then– As my favorite contemporary of the year, this book moved me in a sweet and gentle way. It’s incredibly special.
4. The Girl at Midnight– For getting me all excited about urban fantasy again!
5. Six of Crows– Leigh Bardugo made my YEAR by writing another unforgettable fantasy and characters I so badly wish were real.
Other Bookish Things
6. My Book Club– Even though I’m intermittently MIA, I love knowing there are a group of amazing ladies there to chat about books. They are my faves, and I adore them!!
7. New bookish friends– I’ve made some new friends who are also avid readers, and they don’t mind when I text them at odd hours of the day and night with random thoughts about what I’m reading (Stephanie & Steph, I’m looking at you!!)
8. Harry Potter Land– I.e. Universal Orlando. This probably sounds dumb, but I know I’m pretty lucky to live 45 minutes away from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I have a pass, and it’s one of my favorite things ever to go with my bestie and just casually drink a butterbeer while hopping on the Hogwarts Express.
9. Friends & Family– Ok, this isn’t bookish, BUT I have to say that I know I’m especially blessed with people who love me just as I am – book-obsessed and all. They are my rocks, without whom I would have given up a lot of things (like this blog) a long time ago.
10. Uppercase– This has been the hardest and most rewarding adventure I’ve ever taken. I could not be happier than doing what I love to do – reading and recommending books – for a living.
What books or bookish things are you especially thankful for today?