I’m definitely in the mood for a good laugh – here are some of my favorite funny YA books…
Top 10 Books That Will Make You Laugh
1. Georgia Nicolson series– by Louise Rennison. This is one of my favorite series of all time, and has made me LOL since high school. I’m so sad about Louise’s passing, but I hope her career of creating fun and laughs is a lasting legacy.
2. Scarlett Epstein Hates It Here– by Anna Breslaw. One of my new favorite books. A strong message PLUS some seriously great jokes and quirky perspecctives.
3. Finding Audrey– by Sophie Kinsella. I just adore this author. Her work is so laugh-out-loud relatable. This one was especially moving.
4. The Princess Diaries– by Meg Cabot. I loved this series in middle and high school. Mia was one of those girls you just wish you could be (waking up to being a princess, YES).
5. Fangirl– by Rainbow Rowell. One of my favorite dialogue exchanges ever: “You’ve read the books?”
“I’ve seen the movies.”
Cath rolled her eyes so hard, it hurt. (Actually.) (Maybe because she was still on the edge of tears. On the edge, period.) “So you haven’t read the books.”
“I’m not really a book person.”
“That might be the most idiotic thing you’ve ever said to me”
6. Paper Towns– by John Green. The book was way better than the movie. The book has Q’s relationships with his friends laid out in the best and most hilarious way possible. Lots o’charm here.
7. The DUFF– by Kody Keplinger. The book also hit the jackpot with a very different BUT very hilarious movie as well.
8. The Distance Between Us– by Kasie West. I LOVED the sarcastic humor in this one. West has a way of writing characters that I just GET, you know? Love love love.
9. To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before– by Jenny Han. This book is more sweet funny with situational humor. I could not get enough of the Song family!
10. Twenties Girl– by Sophie Kinsella. This is technically an adult fiction story, but you should absolutely read it now. It’s heart-warming and romantic and SASSY.
What’s your favorite funny book?