The most fun I’ve had making a Top 10 list EVER! YA Contemporaries are my new fave!
Top 10 Books To Read If You Like Jenny Han
1. First & Then– by Emma Mills. This book definitely has a Jenny Han vibe. It’s sweet but strong and completely engrossing.
2. The Start of Me and You– by Emery Lord. The high school setting and sweet family relationships reminded me a lot of To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before.
3. The Revenge Playbook– by Rachael Allen. GIRL POWER x1000 for this and all Han’s books.
4. Since You’ve Been Gone– by Morgan Matson. The sweet romance in this book drew me in and didn’t let go. LOVE.
5. My Life Next Door– by Huntley Fitzpatrick. This contemporary hits hard in the emotions department. I felt sucker-punched at times, but I adored every moment.
6. The Distance Between Us– by Kasie West. An unlikely couple falling in love? YES. Plus a weird doll story for added quirkiness? SO MUCH YES.
7. Love and Other Foreign Words– by Erin McCahan. This book definitely channels Hans sense of funniness and sassiness too. The main character of this book is one of my all-time favorites in contemporary.
8. On the Fence– by Kasie West. This author is simply top notch – just like Han. Best friends fall in love and there are even SPORTS. Ok, sports aren’t really Han’s vibe, but it’s strangely mine (I still can’t get over liking sports-related contemporary books).
9. Finding Audrey– by Sophie Kinsella. This book is subtle in a lot ways and strikes the perfect balance of serious and sweet.
10. Breathe, Annie, Breathe– by Miranda Kenneally. Another contemporary author to follow. This is one of her best Hundred Oaks books, and I loved the contemplation and character growth.
Did I miss any? What other books would be good for Jenny Han fans?