There has been an incredible number of debut YA authors in 2015, and I cannot wait to see what they write next.
Top 10 Debut Authors Who Have Me Looking Forward To Their Sophomore Novel
1. Melissa Grey– I was incredibly impressed with The Girl at Midnight! I loved the mix of real life New York City and paranormal creatures.
2. Sabaa Tahir– An Ember in the Ashes was one of the most buzzed about books of the year – and with good reason. I cannot wait for this sequel.
3. Renee Ahdieh– Another incredible fantasy was The Wrath and the Dawn – such an incredibly thought-out story! Anxiously awaiting book 2 now.
4. E.K. Johnston– This author wrote A Thousand Nights, and although there’s no sequel (as far as I know), I can’t wait to see what she creates next. This book had a distinct folklore feel that had so much creativity.
5. Emma Mills– Gah! First & Then was one of my favorite contemporaries of the year, and I know she has more in her for us to see.
6. Nicola Yoon– Everything, Everything WRECKED me. I hope Yoon keeps her pen out and moving…
7. Moïra Fowley-Doyle– The Accident Season really surprised me with its atmospheric setting and creepy mystery. I want more from this author!
8. David Arnold– If Arnold has more quirky characters in his head like Mim from Mosquitoland, then he needs to whip ’em out.
9. Eric Lindstrom– Linstrom created one of the most memorable YA characters I’ve read so far this year. I already know he has another YA title in the works for 2016 so YAY.
10. Shanna Swendson– I’m beyond ready for the sequel to Rebel Mechanics. More steampunk awesomeness, plz.
What debut authors have you read and loved this year?