Top 10 Most Anticipated Releases For The First Half of 2016
1. Bookishly Ever After by Isabel Bandeira. January 12 – What I’m hoping from this book is fun YA book references without being TOO self-referential. I love the concept, though, that a girl who loves to read lives out a book-like plot in her own life.
2. Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard. February 9- One of my most anticipated sequels of 2016.
3. The Shadow Queen by C.J. Redwine. February 16 – I love that this is a loose retelling of Snow White that has a blurb from Maria V. Snyder so…yeah. I need to read it.
4. Rebel Bully Geek Pariah by Erin Jade Lange. February 16 – This had me at “The Breakfast Club.” There are a few multiple-perspective high school type books coming out this year, and I really like the looks of this one.
5. A Gathering of Shadows by Victoria Aveyard. February 23- This is one of the books I’m most excited about! I fell in love with A Darker Shade of Magic last year and hope I can get my paws on this book soon!
6. The Winner’s Kiss by Marie Rutkoski. March 29 – This is it. The final book in the series. I can barely stand the waiting!
7. A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro. March 1 – I’m in the mood for a Veronica Mars type book, and I think this one will fit the bill.
8. The Mirror King by Jodi Meadows. April 5 – Another sequel I cannot wait to read. This had a super suspenseful cliffhanger and I’m DYING.
9. Love, Lies & Spies by Cindy Anstey. April 19 – This sounds like an amazing historical fiction involving romance and spies. Sign me up!
10. The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi. May 3 – I am SO pumped for this book. It involves Indian mythology and intrigue and MAGIC.
What 2016 young adult books are you waiting on?