It’s about to get REAL up in here…
Top Ten Blogging Confessions
1. Sometimes I just want to write a one sentence review– Seriously. I just want to say, “It was good. Don’t you trust me yet?!?!” But that’s asking too much. 🙂
2. I almost always write posts the day they’re published– The ugly secrets revealed. I know some bloggers schedule posts way in advance, but my work situation is flexible enough I can post the day of. I do plan content way in advance, but the actual writing is live and messy.
3. Writing negative reviews makes me super sad– Like really sad. I whole-heartedly believe readers should know if a book is not worth their time and money, so I write them, but I still always dislike it when it happens because I always want to love it! It just can’t work out like that all the time. It’s just the rules.
4. Even though I ADORE physical arcs, digital copies are much more practical– I love seeing a sexy ARC on my shelf, but you guys, my shelves are falling apart from the weight of all my books. I just gave away – no lie- 50 books to friends and my local library (obvs only the finished copies). It’s a problem!
5. Sometimes I need a break from YA– Don’t get me wrong – I love YA!! But, sometimes I need a break and feel unable to take one. Because then I won’t have reviews in my blogging pipeline and what if readers really don’t care about my adult fantasy read. I still need to figure this one out…
6. It’s gotten better, but I still get jealous– Jealousy is such an ugly emotion, and I like to avoid it at all costs. But, being a book blogger means you face the jealousy temptation every single day. “Wait…they got sent _____? I wonder why I didn’t…” It’s embarrassing to admit, but it’s so difficult to combat.
7. Coming up with new content ideas is both exhilarating and exhausting– I love challenging myself to come up with new ideas for posts and features, but it can be so challenging to be fun and different and unique. I thrive on that challenge though.
8. Even though my pageviews keep growing, with so few comments, I always wonder if anyone’s really reading– Sometimes it can be like shouting into the void in blogland. I’m so thankful for those of you who read even in you don’t say anything. Maybe just every once and a while, drop me a line. 😀
9. Because I didn’t start on Blogger, I think I missed out on joining the community early on– It took me a very long time to find other bloggers and readers who I truly felt like were friends, even virtually. I started my blog on WordPress and I was late to the game on Goodreads, and I think that really affected how many people I connected with. It’s all good now, but it was pretty tough in the beginning.
10. I’m usually in a rush to publish my posts, and don’t proofread all the way through before posting – This is just laziness, and I’m ashamed. I’m sure you’ve seen my typos, and it’s just pathetic. GET IT TOGETHER, Parkin!!!
What is one of your blogging or reading confessions!?