It saddens me to list out all the books I’ll never read…but, time is a finite resource and I think we all want to read the best books!
Prompt from The Broke and the Bookish.
Ten Books I Will Probably Never Read
1. Crossed by Ally Condie– I actually asked my mom to tell me how this book ended (she also reads YA!). I started reading this one and then gave up.
2. Ender’s Game-by Orson Scott Card. I really enjoyed the movie, but knowing there are a million sequels and that Card is kind of a jerk has put me off it.
3. I Am Number Four– by Pittacus Lore. I actually have a couple of the books, but for some reason they don’t pique my interest. I highly doubt they ever will.
4. Anything else by Dostoevsky– I read Crime and Punishment in 12th grade, and I’m thankful I did it. I think the one book was enough.
5. Sapphique– by Catherine Fisher. I read Incarceron a loooong time ago and the other books weren’t out yet. Then I totally lost track of the story and now it’s just too late. Do you ever feel that way? Like, it’s been x number of years and I just can’t?
6. Most celebrity-written books– Long-time blog readers may remember my dalliance with Tyra Banks’ YA debut, Modelland. Words cannot express how awful it was. So, I think I’ll pass unless it’s by a celebrity like Natalie Portman or Emma Watson.
8. A lot of sequels– As you’ve seen in my other examples above, I tend to leave series hanging. I’m all about the investment of my time, and if I’ve forgotten the plot or have lost interest, I can’t make myself read sequels (or anything for that matter). It’s the burden of being a mood reader.
9. More “sick lit”– I loved The Fault in Our Stars and books about relevant teen issues like None of the Above, but I am 100 percent over books where one person is dying and the story takes up from there. I could probably be swayed though, especially because I LOVED the Me, Earl and the Dying Girl movie. I’ll put a pin in this one…
10. Days of Blood and Starlight– by Laini Taylor. I tried. I failed. I can’t.
What book are on your probably-not-going-to-read list?