This is a list for people who enjoy the idea of scary books and movies but who can’t actually handle them. I can only hope there are other softies out there like me!
Top Ten Books & Movies To Get You in the Halloween Spirit
1. Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea– This book was INTENSE. It was extremely suspenseful and is perfect for a dark Halloween read.
2. The Coldest Girl in Coldtown– A book about how it would be in real life if vampires actually existed. Holly Black = autobuy.
3. Messenger of Fear– AGHHHH!! If you like movies like Saw, this is the book for you.
4. The Diviners– Confession: I did not in fact finish this book. I was loving the 20s vibe, but the scary murderer POV freaked me out waaaay too much. But if you like that, then dig in!
5. Something Strange and Deadly– Zombies in Philly in the 1800s. Yup.
6. Hocus Pocus– This book TERRIFIED me as a child. I know….it’s sad. But that book with the eye, YIKES. But now, I love it Especially now that I know what a “virgin” is lol.
7. The Adams Family– I just love the weirdness and the great 90s-ness of this movie. It’s a total nostalgia moment for me.
8. Halloweentown– This Disney original movie will make you laugh (because of the terrible costumes) and it will make you cry (because Disney original movies aren’t what they used to be).
9. Practical Magic– Sandra Bullock at her best. Plus, it’s creepy and romantic all at the same time.
10. Buffy the Vampire Slayer– I’m talking about the movie, not the TV series. One of my first vampire experiences.
What scary books and movies would you recommend.?