Let the TBR adding begin. Here are my top picks for YA summer releases!
Top Ten Books on My Summer TBR List
1. Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo-June 17. It’s out TODAY!! *drops everything and reads* I CAN’T you guys!!! CAN NOT.
2. Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas-Sept. 2. This is the third installment in the Throne of Glass series. You might have thought it was the finale, but it is not! There will be 6 total books. I’m not complaining either because Sarah J. Maas knows what’s up.
3. Salt & Storm by Kendall Kulper-August 21. So excited about this one! I love this island-based fantasy with dark foretellings and tattooed boys.
4. The Fire Wish by Amber Lough-July 22. This book is about a jinni and a human girl switching places! It sounds really original.
5. On the Fence by Kasie West-July 1. I’m at the point where I will blindly read anything by Kasie West. BLINDLY.
6. Hungry by H.A. Swain-June 23. The concept is a bit strange for me (people don’t need to eat anymore), but I think it sounds weird enough to be awesome.
7. The Young World by Chris Weitz-July 29. It’s like a futuristic Lord of the Flies. With romance. !!!!
8. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins-August 14. I still need to read Lola and the Boy Next Door, but I’m so excited for this one. More fun YA romance, please.
9. Extraction by Stephanie Diaz-July 22. This is a sort of dystopian mixed with scifi and saving the world, but with a dying Earth type flavor.
10. The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson-July 15. Ok, so I’ve read this already, and you need to as well! It’s so good! I’ll be chatting with the author in a HuffPost article soon!!
What books are on your summer to-be-read list?