Choose your own Top Ten Tuesday post, and here I am picking the heart-breaking one. I’m a genius.
Top Ten Books That Broke My Heart A Little
How I feel about these books…
Jess just gets it.
1. Allegiant by Veronica Roth– I’m not sure I even need to explain. The pain, oh the pain!
2. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins– This series ended on a true dystopian note, but oh my gosh, the descriptions of Katniss’ scars and her healing were just the saddest.
3. Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo– The end of this almost killed me. I can’t overemphasize how much I’m not joking.
4. Rebel Heart by Moira Young– AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. That is all.
5. Requiem by Lauren Oliver– I thought that over time I might appreciate the ending more, but nope. Still breaks mah heart.
6. Salvage by Alexandra Duncan– Overall, this book was pretty heavy. Definitely well done, but lots of sadness.
7. The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski– I trust the author. I believe she knows what she’s doing, but OMG the tension and the drama and the not knowing how everything will work out will definitely leave some deep fractures.
8. Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis– My heart, splattered all over the place. Good read with a very unexpected ending.
9. The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak– I feel like most books set in World War II are utterly heart-breaking by default.
10. Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas– I cannot wait for Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3) this fall. It will hopefully put me out of my misery…although I bet it won’t. There’s still 3 more books in the series!
What books break your heart into little tiny pieces??