I LOVE to laugh, you guys. And, some of the funniest things I’ve laughed at have been from books, naturally.
Prompt from The Broke and the Bookish.
Top Ten Books That Feature Characters Who Made Me Laugh
1. Dumbledore, Harry Potter series– Dumbledore says some of the wackiest – yet wisest – things in the whole series. I always imagine him with a twinkle in his eye and secret mischief in his heart.
2. Echo, The Girl at Midnight– I read this book recently and I died laughing at Echo’s sarcastic wit. I love laughing while reading.
3. Audrey, Finding Audrey– Sophie Kinsella is the MASTER of a ridiculous situation. I adored Audrey’s awkwardness and hilarious internal dialogue.
4. Georgia, Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging– I don’t think there has EVER been a series whose main character is as funny as Georgia. The. Best. EVER.
5. Cade, 100 Sideways Miles – Cade offers very “boyish” humor if you know what I mean, but he is crazy and funny all the same.
6. Caymen, The Distance Between Us– Another character with a wicked sense of sarcasm that she uses to make tough things palatable.
7. Gus, The Fault in Our Stars– This boy, oh this boy. Gus is adorable and cute and funny all wrapped up in one heartbreaking package.
8. Junior, The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian– I love seeing humor used as a defense mechanism, and Junior is kind of the king of this. I highly recommend this book, if you haven’t read it!
9. Cath, Fangirl– Oh my gosh. The scene where Cath is trying to explain what a fandom is to her roommate is PRICELESS.
10. Mim, Mosquitoland– More hilarious internal dialogue that showcases a troubled but sweet and deep mind. Love!
What characters have made you laugh out loud??