Living in Florida is basically like experiencing summer year-round (November is still beach weather, I swear), so I’m preeeeetty much an expert at YA summer reading lists. #humblebrag
Top Ten Books That Should Be In Your Beach Bag
1. Can You Keep A Secret?-by Sophie Kinsella. You guys know how much I love this author. Her books are light and silly and hilarious. This is the perfect book to relax with poolside.
2. Rebel Belle-by Rachel Hawkins. This book has a ton of action and romance, and is easy to put down and pick back up.
3. Fangirl-by Rainbow Rowell. My love of this author knows no bounds. Fangirl is more in the new adult category, which has a great cross-over appeal.
4. No Place to Fall-by Jaye Robin Brown. There’s a certain longing that happens to me during the summer. It’s part nostalgia, part hopeful yearning. This book seems like a fantastic cure.
5. Open Road Summer-by Emery Lord. Um? A book about singing and a music tour and boys who sing?!?! Yes. Just yes.
6. Since You’ve Been Gone-by Morgan Matson. I love bestie-centric books. And, this novel is all about friends and figuring out firsts.
7. To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before-by Jenny Han. This was just adorable, you guys. It’s a quick read filled with sweet feels and romantic longings.
8. Love and Other Foreign Words-by Erin McCahn. Another bestie book. This seems like the type of story you can imagine yourself and you friends in, you know? Like, I’d be her and you’d be her.
9. On the Fence-by Kasie West. I LOVED the Split Second series by this author, so her contemporaries have now all made it on to my TBR. One the Fence is the highest due to its super high ratings and “romantic comedy” status.
10. Nil-by Lynne Matson. The book takes place on an mysterious yet beautiful island! While you’re lounging on the beach, it’ll be so easy to imagine the hot and sandy setting for the book.
What types of book do you love reading at the beach/during the summer?