There aren’t a lot of books that make this list, but the ones that do are BAD.
Top Ten Characters I Just Didn’t Click With
1. Isis Black– From Lovely Vicious. This is honestly one of the worst books I’ve ever read. Isis was not only unlikable but made the worst decisions. Her inner monologue made me worry for teens everywhere.
2. Tookie De La Crème– From Modelland. The most I’ve ever LOL’d not on purpose reading a book. Tyra was legit crazy when she wrote this.
3. Darrow– From Red Rising. This book was not for me. Darrow and his war-focused mind felt foreign and alien to me.
4. Quin Kincaid– From Seeker. This was a DNF book. Quin was bland and uninteresting.
5. Imogen Rockford– From Suspicion. A combination of lame dialogue and a kind of wilty, pathetic heroine made this book just…bad.
6. Julie– From Never Always Sometimes. I liked Dave in this story, but Julia was domineering and self-centered. I never really “got” her.
7. Sydney– From Maybe Someday. I am prejudiced against this book for so many reasons. Both characters can’t fight their feelings while being in relationships with other people (well, just one of them). UGH.
8. Malek– From Exquisite Captive. An abusive character who is also a romantic interest. No.
9. Maria Devane– From The Shape of Desire. Sharon Shinn is one of my all-time favorite authors, but this book was just terrible. No connection, emotionally sick characters. Bah.
10. Edie Kramer– From Mortal Danger. I think I just don’t get the perspective that character’s would do ANYTHING and I mean anything to fit in. I mean, I get wanting to belong but not to the levels this character went to.
What books or characters did you just not connect with?