Well, this is an embarrassing list. Does anyone else feel like the public education system let them down?!
Top Ten Classics I Want To Read
1. Persuasion– A classic Jane Austen novel that I have not read. I’m a terrible fan :/
2. The Scarlet Pimpernel– After reading Across the Star-Swept Sea, I became really intrigued by this story and have put it on my TBR.
3. 1984– Another amazing classic that I somehow missed in high school. This one really is at the top of my to-be-read classics list.
4. Little Women– I don’t think I’ve read this…? It’s been so long. All I remember is the movie.
5. Frankenstein– I’ve never read this in its entirety, and for a book that’s stayed so relevant even in our era, I have to see what its all about.
6. The Tenant of Wildfell Hall– This is by the lesser know Anne Bronte. Having loved Jane Eyre, I think I owe this third Bronte sister a chance.
7. Fahrenheit 451– Yup. I know, it’s sad.
8. Northanger Abbey– This is definitely one of Austen’s least known novels, and I intend to finish reading all her works.
9. Slaughterhouse-Five– I read and enjoyed Vonnegut’s The Sirens of Titan for a post-modern lit class. I haven’t read any of his other work, though.
10. The Little Prince– I know this is a children’s classic, but I totally missed the memo about it!
What classics are on your TBR??