Are they TRYING to kill me with these prompts??
Prompt courtesy of The Broke and the Bookish.
Top Ten Favorite Authors of All Time
I made these choices based on what books I come back to time and again and the author’s body of work as a whole.
1. J.K. Rowling– Without question my top choice. I’ve always felt such a special connection to these books (like everyone else, I know), but it helped me get through my mom’s breast cancer diagnosis and fall into a world of magic and possibilities. Btw, my mom’s been in remission for over 15 years! Praise God!
2. L.M Montgomery– Anne of Green Gables was my JAM as a middle schooler. I still plan on visiting Prince Edward Island one day #BucketList.
3. Holly Black– This is an author with an incredible body of work that spans time and topics. Her imagination is limitless.
4. Juliet Marillier– I don’t talk about this author too much on the blog because she writes mainly adult lit, but I ADORE her Daughter of Sevenwaters books. Marillier knows how to spin an epic fantasy.
5. Maria V. Snyder– I LOVE her Study, Glass and Healer series. I think that’s all her books…so yeah.
6. Jane Austen– She’s just the master of relationship writing and is literally a classic.
7. Sarah J. Maas– I will read anything this lady writes EVER. Although I have a newfound love of contemporary, fantasy will always be my thing. And no one does fantasy better than Maas.
8. Kristin Cashore– Same here. Kristin, please write something new soooooon!
9. Kasie West– Nuff said. Contemporary 4 life.
10. Marissa Meyer– Marissa Meyer single-handedly brought the idea of retelling an old story in a new way to the world of YA. The Lunar Chronicles are beyond excellent.
What authors would make your list?