I’m actually more excited about finding out which hyped books you haven’t read yet! My list just bums me out…
Top Ten Hyped Books I’ve Never Read
1. Beautiful Creatures series– I did read the first book, but I found it slow and boring. And I just stopped right there.
2. Mortal Instruments series– I KNOW, I KNOW! Again, I read the first book and was so creeped out by how it ended that I took a break, and I never returned. I fully intend to watch the TV series though
3. The Lightning Thief– These books seemed more middle-gradeish to me, so I took a pass, but I’ve heard great things about them. Should I give them a try?
4. The Golden Compass– I never saw the appeal of these books, but I would be totally up for giving it a go. They appear similar to The Chronicles of Narnia to me, minus the religious aspect. I have no idea if that’s accurate.
5. Ender’s Game– I saw that movie and that’s enough for me. Plus this author is cray.
6. Hush, Hush– I missed the initial hype and have seen this book so completely trashed that I’ve given it up for good.
7. Bridge to Terabithia– Another one I was too late for and have little interest in now.
8. A Series of Unfortunate Events– I’m still interested in these! Plus there was the one odd movie I saw with Jim Carey in it a million years ago (it was cute! what happened?!)
9. Thirteen Reasons Why– Definitely on my to-read (eventually) list.
10. Fallen– Nope, nope nope.
What books in my list do you think are NOT in fact worth the hype??