The better question is, what new series do I NOT want to start…
Top New Series I Want To Start
1. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo- I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again – Leigh Bardugo is an auto-read author for LIFE.
2. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas- Ditto here. Cannot wait for these books!!
3. A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab- I am super interested in this story about magicians and parallel universes.
4. The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey- Secret, magical people who live under the streets of New York City?! Just weird enough to be awesome.
5. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard- It sounds a bit like a less violent Red Rising. And with a female heroine.
6. Lock and Mori by Heather Petty- This book had me at “female Moriarty.” YES!!!
7. The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows- I loved the Newsoul books, and I’m really interested to see Meadows tackle a more classically fantasy world.
8. Exquisite Captive by Heather Demetrios- A jinni story where the “captive” (i.e. the jinni) fights for her freedom, while trying to keep her heart. Hmmmm….
9. Becoming Jinn by Lori Goldstein- Jinn are all the rage, I guess. This book combines a contemporary setting with the magic of genies.
10. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman- After These Broken Stars, I’ll read anything from Amie Kaufman or Meagan Spooner. It’s described as a mashup of Battlestar Galactica and Ten Things I Hate About You. Very interesting!
What series have you been meaning to start?