These amazing YA authors opened my mind to new ideas and thoughts and feelings. I cannot wait to see what they write next!
Top Ten New-To-Me YA Authors of 2014
1. Jandy Nelson– After I read I’ll Give You the Sky, I immediately looked to see if this author had written anything else. And THANK GOD, she has!
2. Sara Raasch– I’m so sorry you guys have had to hear me gush endlessly about this author and Snow Like Ashes, but I honestly can’t help myself.
3. Rainbow Rowell– How did it take me so long to read her stuff?! I still need to dive into Attachments (sitting pretty on my Kindle, too).
4. Marie Rutkoski– Marie is also the author of The Kronos Chronicles and other standalone books *adds frantically to TBR.*
5. Erin McCahan– Author of Love and Other Foreign Words. Plus, she’s written another YA book called I Now Pronounce You Someone Else.
6. R.C. Lewis– Stitching Snow was Lewis’ first full YA book, so she’s new to everyone! I highly recommend you get to know her too!
7. Rachel Hawkins– Rachel is not new to YA – she wrote the Hex Hall and the School Spirit series. I cannot wait for Miss Mayhem, i.e. the Rebel Belle sequel!
8. Heather Demetrios– Heather has been busy! She wrote I’ll Meet You There AND Exquisite Captive, both published this year. I can personally vouch for I’ll Meet You There (glowing review to come)!
9. Kerstin Geir– I JUST finished Dream a Little Dream by this author, and I also loved it! She also wrote the Ruby Red series. Both book series were written in German first and have been translated. Fun fact for ya!
10. Lauren Miller– My love of Lauren Miller is ever-growing. I have read both of her books (Parallel and Free to Fall) this year, and there are no more as of yet! Write MOAR, Lauren!
Which new-to-you authors are at the top of your auto-buy list this year?