This was just too easy and too fun. Bookish romances for the win!!
Top Ten Things I Like & Dislike When It Comes To Romances In Books
1. A slow burn– I love romances that build over time. It makes it so worth it in the end. I think great examples are Graceling and The Glass Arrow.
2. Friends first– I adore it when romance blossoms naturally from friendship – especially if the couple’s been friends their whole lives. There’s something so sweet about it, and I love it!
3. Enemies first– Shadow and Bone taught me this can be super amazing….The Darkling forever, ya’ll.
4. Regular people– Not everyone needs to be a super model in books, but it seems that way sometimes. Eleanor and Park is a great example of people with flaws who fall in love, and it’s stunning!
6. Instalove– This has faded from YA a bit, I think. Or at least I’m better at weeding this out.
7. Cheating– I refuse to read any book where cheating in a relationship is romanticized.
8. Certain love triangles– I know Lauren agrees 100 percent on this!! Some love triangles offer no value to the story and are just there to hook readers into reading more. No, thank you.
9. Unhealthy obsessions– Seeing characters become obsessed with their romantic interest is upsetting in a lot of ways. Twilight isn’t the only guilty book, either.
10. On-again, off-again– The Selection series, I’m looking at you… Just pick someone. Gah!
What types of book romances do you like/dislike?