Now, if only I could combine all of these wishlist items into ONE CRAZY BOOK! Amirite?!
Top Ten Things On My Reading Wishlist
1. Strong heroines– This is a given. I love seeing strong women face harrowing challenges and succeed. In fact, a ton of YA lit has female leads. WIN!
2. Slow-building romance– Leave your instalove and love triangles at home for once. Give me romances like The Girl of Fire and Thorns! And Graceling!
3. Historical fantasy settings– Books like Born of Illusion sold me on this fantasy and historical mix. Maybe some ignored eras and new settings would work in the mix too. Like Roman times or settling in the new world.
4. Funny best friend/sidekick– I love a good book friendship. Ron and Harry. Anne and Diana. It makes me want to hug my friends…and make them feel uncomfortable!
5. Parents that are present and helpful– This at all would be great.
6. More pirates– Always more pirates. No brainer.
7. Hardcore science fiction– The Lisa of two years ago would be shocked by this statement, but I love sci-fi now! I want space exploration and life aboard spaceships. Aiming for the stars (<--corny joke)
8. Downton Abbey-era– No magic, just upstairs/downstairs drama. Cinders and Sapphires got me hooked. Keep em’ coming, publishers!
9. Retellings– Give me your fairytales. Give me your classic literature. This is my favorite!
10. Australia setting– Umm, what is the deal? I NEED more books set in this amazing country. Even if it’s just so I can imagine the characters with awesome accents 😉
What types of characters or settings on your reading wishlist?